Thank you for visiting Circle OASIS. Join us at our next Arab Students’ circle to enjoy food, drink, music and great new friends!
What is Circle OASIS?
- Circle Of Arab Students In Schools (Circle OASIS) helps middle school students, who are newly arrived or first generation immigrants, develop the tools to be successful participants and collaborative leaders in American society.
- Circle OASIS provides peer groups consisting of four to six students guided by a professional facilitator.
Why Arab Immigrant Adolescents?
- Circle OASIS is sensitive to the needs of this Arab immigrant middle school aged students and the vulnerabilities that come with adapting to a new culture.
- Circle OASIS recognizes that adolescents are empowered by being among peers of similar experiences and stage of life.
Why Are We Successful?
- Circle OASIS utilizes cognitive-behavioral and interpersonal methods that have been adapted from the following programs and approaches:
- The Resourceful Adolescent Program (RAP), which was developed in Queensland University of Technology in Australia;
- The Positive Psychology approach developed by Professor Martin Seligman of University of Pennsylvania; and
- Albert Ellis’s Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy (REBT).